For manufactured types of a cross-section, is Composite Shape Definition is optional, offering the possibility to share detailed shape definition, for better classification of the profile.
The symbol "#" means indexing of the name columns, depends on how many polygons is used, starts from 1
The contour defined clockwise is opening
The contour defined counter clockwise is polygon of the general cross-section (relation between LCS and counter clockwise direction is shown below)
- The opening has no material definition
- Each polygon contour has to be closed
- The set of all polygons and openings defines one general cross-section (one row in the Excel table)
- The number of polygons is limited to 99. The definition of the general shape has to consist of at least one polygon which is not the opening.
- CompositeShapeDef example with opening is shown below. A,B,C,D are defining the contour of cross-section (counter clockwise polygon) and E,F,K,L are defining the opening (clockwise polygon).